It’s no secret that mocktails are seriously trending. For those who would rather forgo the alcohol yet still want the fun of a mixed-up beverage, Blue Sky’s Tyler Lewis shares with TABLE readers a variety of delectable mocktails, including the following Dragonfruit Marti-NO. This martini mocktail utilizes dragonfruit — which is high in fiber, a good source of magnesium, and is packed with nutrients — resulting in a drink that not only tastes good but is also good for you.
Dragonfruit Marti-NO Recipe
1 ½oz Seedlip Grove 42 non-alcoholic spirit
½ oz fresh lime juice
¾ oz dragon fruit simple syrup (see recipe below)
¼ oz passion fruit simple syrup (see recipe below)
1 egg white
Sliced dragon fruit, for garnish
- Add Seedlip Grove 42, lime juice, dragon fruit simple syrup, passion fruit simple syrup, and egg white into a cocktail shaker and shake without ice.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker and shake again for 30 seconds until cool.
- Double-strain into a coupe glass, garnish with the sliced dragon fruit, and serve.
Dragon Fruit Simple Syrup
- Add half a white dragon fruit cut into small pieces, including skin, ½ cup of white sugar, and ½ cup of water to a small pot and slowly bring to a simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and leave to sit 4-6 hours.
- Fine strain into a clean container for storage and discard of solids.
Passion Fruit Simple Syrup
- Add ½ cup of sugar and ½ cup of water to a small pot and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Slice four passionfruit in half and scoop the seeds into the sugar water mixture.
- Stir and let the passion fruit steep for about 2 hours.
- Strain into a clean storage container for later use and discard of solids.
Recipe by Tyler Lewis / Styling by Star LaLiberte / Photography by Dave Bryce
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.