We recently met up with Cecil Usher and Cat Cannon at St. Clair Social, their East End Bar, and all-around feel-good hangout. After some simmering, shaking, and sipping, the Grilled Peach Smash was created to heat your spring or summer cocktail menu.
Grilled Peach Smash Cocktail Recipe
2 oz Wigle Bourbon
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
3/4 oz Basil Brown Sugar Syrup
2 Grilled Peach Segments
- Muddle basil brown sugar and grilled peach segments.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Shake, strain, and served over ice.
Basil Brown Sugar Syrup Recipe
544 g Light Brown Sugar
544 g Water
12 basil leaves
- Mix the first two ingredients in a pot and stir to dissolve on medium heat.
- Once dissolved and before boiling starts, take off the heat and add the basil.
- Let sit for 30 minutes or until heat level is achieved. You want noticeable basil notes present to taste.
Don’t miss a single delicious thing: Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.