Nothing says fall like this Easy Fig and Pumpkin Spice Galette. Our uncomplicated dessert recipe consists of a simple mix of baking spices incorporated into goat cheese, topped with fresh figs, and kissed with honey. The true beauty of this galette is its versatility. Serve it at breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea, or enjoy it as a dessert.
Fig and Pumpkin Spice Galette Recipe
5oz chèvre (sit out to come to room temp)
2 tsp homemade pumpkin spice (recipe below)
4 tbsp honey, split in 2
Light squeeze of fresh lemon
14 fresh figs, sliced
Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
1 egg, beaten
Cypress sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix chèvre, pumpkin spice, 2 tbsp honey, and a light squeeze of fresh lemon juice. This can be done easily with a fork. Set aside.
- Place pie crust on a lightly flowered surface and using a rolling pin, gently roll the prepared crust to extend approximately 1/2 inch.
- Transfer the pie crust to a piece of parchment paper on a large cookie sheet.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the cheese mixture evenly in the center of the curst, leaving an edge of 1 ½-2 inches.
- Place figs over the mixture.
- Place 2 tbsp honey in a small glass bowl and heat slightly to thin.
- Gently brush the figs with the honey.
- Crush a pinch of cypress sea salt between your fingers and sprinkle over the top of the figs.
- Fold edges of crust 1/2 inch onto the figs.
- Brush with the crust with egg wash.
- Sprinkle a little sugar over the crust and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Pumpkin Spice Recipe
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
¾ tsp ground ginger
¾ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground allspice
½ tsp ground cloves
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl, being sure to incorporate them evenly together.
Recipe and Story by Star Laliberte / Styling by Keith Recker
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.