Jennifer Gerasole, the exuberant force behind much of Girasole’s deliciousness, shares her, delightfully simple recipe for Spinach Spaghetti. Make it at home, or better yet head over to Girasole in Shadyside for take out or a meal on the terrace this summer.
Spinach Spaghetti Recipe
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon basil, chiffande
1 pound buffalo mozzarella, diced
½ cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1 cup corn kernels
1 pound dececco spaghetti
2 tablespoons butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper. Add basil, mozzarella tomatoes, and corn.
- In a large stockpot, bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil, add spinach spaghetti.
- Halfway through the cooking time, add corn and finish cooking.
- Drain away the water, and stir corn, spinach, and pasta into mixing bowl with other ingredients.
- Add butter and toss before plating.
Recipe and photography by Girasole
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.