You won’t believe these pumpkin donuts are keto-friendly. Thanks to pumpkin puree and cream cheese, you wind up with a moist, not-too-sweet treat with just the right amount of spiced flavor. Whoever said low-carb couldn’t be delicious?
Keto Pumpkin Donuts Recipe
3 cups super fine almond flour, sifted
3 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp of cinnamon, with additional 2 tbsp for topping
3 ½ tsp of ground ginger
¼ tsp of ground clove
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar substitute (I used Lakanto Monk Fruit), with additional 2 tbsp for topping
½ cup choice of brown sugar substitute
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
6 large eggs
- Set oven to 350°F and coat donut molds with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together almond flour, baking powder, and spices. Put bowl to the side.
- Cream together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and sugar substitutes until light and fluffy. It’s recommended to use a motorized mixer for this step, if available.
- Mix in pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Slowly add in bowl of sifted dry ingredients and eggs to creamed mixture. Scrape bowl sides in between each addition.
- Scoop mixture into donut molds, filling about 3/4 of the way. Bake for 15- 20 minutes.
- After donuts have cooled in the molds, remove from molds and roll in a mixture of half cinnamon and half sugar substitute.
Recipe by Jordan Snowden, Adapted from Fit to Serve / Photography by Keith Recker
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.