Whether or not you have a smoker, you can achieve smoky flavor with the Scotch in this blueberry and peach crisp recipe. If you do have a smoker, bake the cobbler ahead of time, then heat it in your smoker to serve the dessert warm and impart more smokiness.
Smoky Blueberry Peach Crisp Recipe
For the filling:
6 large peaches
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup Scotch
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp almond extract
1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
For the topping:
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup organic brown sugar
1/2 tsp smoked sea salt (or regular salt)
3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl and toss to distribute evenly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the topping ingredients until combined.
- Transfer the filling to a 12-inch cast-iron skillet. Crumble the topping over the filling.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the topping is golden brown and the filling is thick and bubbling, about 1 hour.
- Serve warm with a mascarpone dollop and a smoked maple syrup drizzle.
Recipe, Styling, and Story by Quelcy Kogel / Photography by Matt Dayak
Don’t miss a single delicious recipe
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.