Give in to an ooey gooey craving with our Snickers Cookies (Levain Bakery Style) recipe. We took it over the top with these delightful, and quite large cookies, by using a copycat Levain Bakery recipe as a starter. And if you’ve indulged in the infamous New York based cookie, you understand the appeal.
Snickers Cookies, Levain Bakery Style Recipe
1 cup cubed cold Butter
1 cup Brown sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups Cake flour
1 tsp Cornstarch
3/4 tsp Baking soda
3/4 tsp Salt
30 Fun-sized Snickers bars frozen and coarsely chopped (approx. 4 cups)*
The candy bars make this a very gooey cookie. You can cut back to 22 bars (approx. 3 cups) if you would like something a bit more crisp.
- Preheat the oven to 410 degrees.
- Using the paddle attachment of your electric mixer, cream together the cold butter cubes until fluffy (approx. 4-5 minutes)
- Once the butter and sugar are well incorporated, add the eggs one at a time to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients into the butter/sugar until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Mix in the Snickers.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal balls. Bake 4 balls at a time on a large cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.
- Let them rest for a about 10 minutes to set.
Recipe by Star Laliberte / Styling and Photography by Keith Recker / Platter by Steelite
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine‘s print edition.