Spice up your summer squash with Italian sausage and mozzarella! Store-bought dough makes this galette an easy choice for summer dinners. (Plus a perfect way to utilize any abundance of yellow squash in your life.)
Summer Squash Galette Recipe
3 zucchini, sliced lengthwise, 1/4” thick
3 yellow squash, sliced into rounds, 1/4” thick
3/4 cup olive oil
2 cups grated Mozzarella
1 1/2 cups Italian sausage, cooked, crumbled, and drained
1 sheet Phyllo or puff pasty dough
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Defrost one roll of store-bought phyllo or puff pastry dough. Spray a cookie tray with non-stick cooking spray. Spread the dough across the tray.
- Toss zucchini and yellow squash slices in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill them until tender but not mushy. Let cool on a flat plate.
- Sautee Italian sausage until browned. Drain.
- Brush olive oil over the phyllo. Spread cheese evenly over the dough. Sprinkle sausage over the cheese. Place sliced zucchini and yellow squash on top.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until phyllo is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve your summer squash galette with a glass of chilled red!
Story, Recipe, and Photography by Keith Recker
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.