Olive Pinder of Wild Rise Bakery dives deep into gluten-free grains to create glorious baked goods that are good to eat, and to digest for people with gluten sensitivities. Because he brings a wonderful palate to recipe development, spices and accents of fruit are always both intriguing and balanced. This crisp and crunchy recipe is no exception.
7 SPICE OATMEAL & GOLDEN RAISIN COOKIE RECIPE
8 cups/1000 g all-purpose flour or 1-to-1 gluten-free flour
2 tsp/9 g black pepper
2 ¼ tsp/12 g cardamom
2 tsp/9 g nutmeg
1 tbsp/14 g cinnamon
1 ½ tsp/8 g allspice
1 ½ tsp/8 g ginger
1 tbsp/14 g turmeric
1 ½ tbsp/22 g salt
2 tsp/10 g baking soda
1 ½/7 g tsp baking powder
3 cups/600 g granulated sugar
3 cups/600 g brown sugar
3 cups/600 g butter
3 ½ tbsp/52 g vanilla extract
4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
1 lb golden raisins
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Sift the flour, 7 spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder into a bowl.
3. Next, in a mixing bowl, cream sugars and butter together until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and combine.
4. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Add rolled oats and golden raisins and stir just until combined.
5. In batches on an ungreased cookie sheet, scoop tablespoons of batter, leaving room between each.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden and let sit for a minute or two before transferring to a cooling rack or plate.
Recipe by Oliver Pinder / Styling by Anna Calabrese / Photography by Dave Bryce
Try these other delicious cookie recipes:
Don’t miss a single delicious thing:
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine here!