This Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread recipe was inspired by the rare chance of excess Halloween candy (or maybe a regrettable sweet tooth splurge.) We can pretend the added bananas make the bread just a tad bit healthier…
Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread Recipe
4 meduim ripened and mashed bananas (400g)
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 snack-size Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (frozen for at least 2-3 hours) + more for the top
- Preheat your oven to 325F.
- Grease and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together the melted butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar until you reach a well incorporated paste-like consistency.
- Add in your mashed bananas, followed by the eggs, mayo, lemon, and vanilla, to the other wet ingredients.
- Once all of your wet ingredients are mixed together, fold in the dry ingredients. Then, fold in the coarsely chopped peanut butter cups.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Store at room temperature in an air-tight container.
Recipe and Story by Star Laliberte / Photography and Styling by Keith Recker
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.